Roshan Adappa CCT (Pediatrics),MBBS,MDMedical Director, Medical Education and Middle Grade Staff Years Of Experience: 13
About the Physician
Dr Adappa joined Sidra in November 2017 just before the opening in Jan 2018. He is a Senior Attending Physician in the neonatal unit. He is currently the Medical Director for Education and middle grade staff on the unit. In this role he manages the education programme on the unit and also is the line manager for 22 hospitalist doctors and nurse practitioners. He continues to use his expertise in database and quality improvement being part of the VON database team for the neonatal unit and is actively involved with analysis, supporting QI projects and benchmarking. This expertise has been recognized and he was asked to be the Chair of the Clinical Registry group in Sidra, which is part of the Clinical effectiveness group. Under his leadership, the group has now developed guidance for establishing clinical registries, support applications and are in the process of developing dashboards.
Dr Adappa continues to be academically active with abstracts, publications & continuing his role as Associate Editor of Pediatrics and Child Health Journal, UK.
Dr Adappa’s recent achievement has been as co-editor of the recently published Applied Knowledge in Pediatrics, MRCPCH master-course textbook recognized by the Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health. This has been achieved under Sidra affiliation and he also invited many authors from Sidra medicine to contribute to the text book.
English, Hindi, Kannada, Tulu
Years Of Experience13 Education
- Mysore, India. Medical School
- Mangalore India, MD
- United Kingdom, MRCP.
- Cardiff University, MD
- Senior attending physician, Sidra Medicine, Doha, Qatar.
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, Cardiff University UK.
Areas of Interest
- neonatal ventilation, epidemiology and database in quality improvement
- Dr Adappa’s academic interest is in post graduate teaching; he established an MSc in neonatal medicine delivered by Cardiff University. The MSc is in its fifth year with students from many countries. He was also the lead for Education for Paediatrics in Wales as part of the Welsh Deanery and was responsible for organizing training and education sessions for all years of Paediatric training in Wales.
- He is currently the Medical Director for Education and middle grade staff on the neonatal unit in Sidra. In this role he manages and overseas all medical education programme’s on the unit
Medical Publications (selected publications for last 5 years)
- "Current concepts of mechanical ventilation in neonates" - Part 1: Basics. Chakkarapani AA, Adappa R, Mohammad Ali SK, Gupta S, Soni NB, Chicoine L, Hummler HD. Int J Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2020 Mar;7(1):13-18. doi: 10.1016/j.ijpam.2020.03.003. Epub 2020 Mar 11.PMID: 32373697 Free PMC article. Review
- "Current concepts in assisted mechanical ventilation in the neonate" - Part 2: Understanding various modes of mechanical ventilation and recommendations for individualized disease-based approach in neonates. Chakkarapani AA, Adappa R, Mohammad Ali SK, Gupta S, Soni NB, Chicoine L, Hummler HD.Int J Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2020 Dec;7(4):201-208. doi: 10.1016/j.ijpam.2020.11.002. Epub 2020 Nov 16.PMID: 33319021 Free PMC article. Review
- Which ventilator mode? A practical framework; the basics. Paediatrics and Child HealthVol. 28Issue 9p436–438 Published: August 31, 2018. Roshan Adappa.
- Applied Knowledge in Paediatrics, MRCPCH mastercourse Text book in Paediatrics. Elsevier, First edition April 2022. Martin Hewitt, Roshan Adappa.