Spyridon Chouliaras CCT,FACOG,FRCOG,MDAttending Physician Years Of Experience: 20+
About the Physician
Dr. Spyridon Chouliaras is a consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist at Sidra Medicine who specializes in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery.
He has more than 20 years of experience in women’s health and is passionate about providing holistic, expert care to couples experiencing subfertility as well as women with general gynecological problems. After obtaining his medical degree Dr Chouliaras completed extensive higher specialist training in Obstetrics and Gynecology in the United Kingdom. He underwent Advanced Training in Subfertility and Reproductive Endocrinology at St Mary’s Hospital in Manchester, a world class specialized University hospital for Women and Children. Subsequently he completed a fellowship in the Assisted Conception Unit of the historic, renowned St Bartholomew’s Hospital in London where he specialized further in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery.
He then pursued a career in the private sector and worked as a consultant at Create Fertility (London -St Paul’s)-one of the largest and most successful private IVF clinics in London, which specializes in Natural and Mild IVF-where he also established and led the hysteroscopy department
English, Greek, Spanish
Years Of Experience20+ Education
- Embryology certification from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine 2021
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists 2021
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of the UK 2020
- Leadership in Healthcare certificate by Harvard Business School 2018
- Certification by the British Fertility Society in pelvic ultrasound, embryo transfer and IUI 2014
- CCT(UK) Certificate of Completion of Training in O&G 2011
- Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of the UK 2008
- Diploma in Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare 2006
- Medical Degree, Faculty of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece 2000
- Assistant Professor of Clinical OB&GYN at Weill Cornell Medicine – Qatar
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
- International Society for Mild Approaches in Assisted Reproduction (ISMAAR).
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Associate editor in the O&G International Journal (OGIJ).
Areas of Interest
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Congenital uterine anomalies
- Reduced ovarian reserve
- Fertility preservation
- Premature Ovarian Insufficiency
- Uterine fibroids
- Asherman’s syndrome
- Repeated implantation failure
- Advanced Ultrasound, including 3D
- Natural and Mild protocols for ovarian stimulation
Teaching medical students, as well as other physicians, editing medical student textbooks
Numerous publications and textbook chapters, especially in the field of reproductive medicine (top 5 selected publications).
- S.Chouliaras and L.Nardo “The patient with an endometrioma”, Assisted Reproduction Techniques: Challenges and Management Options(2nd edition)Blackwell Publishing 2021
- Nardo L, Chouliaras S, Adjuvants in IVF—evidence for what works and what does not work, Upsala Journal of Medical Sciences,2020.,125(2), 144-151.
- L.Nardo and S. Chouliaras “Progestogens in Recurrent Miscarriage.” Progestagens in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Howard J. A. Carp. Springer International Publishing, 2015
- L. Nardo and S. Chouliaras: “Definitions and epidemiology of unexplained female infertility.” Unexplained Infertility: Pathophysiology, Evaluation, & Treatment A. Springer International Publishing,2015
- Live birth rate in fresh and frozen embryo transfer cycles in women with endometriosis. Mohamed AM, Chouliaras S, Jones CJ, Nardo LG. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2011 Jun; 156(2):177-80