Our Research Plan
Our plan encompasses investigations into the basic principles of molecular, cellular, and organ-level biology and their relationship to disease. Key areas of fundamental interest include:
- Molecular and cellular medicine
- Diagnostics and prognostics
- Drug and medical device discovery
- Genomics and genetics
- Rare diseases
- Heart malformations
- Autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders
- Stem cell and regenerative medicine
All these areas of research need training in basic, translational, and clinical research, as well as world-class facilities for the next generation of scientific and clinical leaders.
Robust scientific and clinical research that leads to a better understanding of biology and clinical pathology is an important part of our mission. This is achieved by building a strong basic science foundation, represented by more than 20 laboratories, coupled with innovative technology development and outstanding clinical and translational research that covers the wide spectrum of investigation.
How Our Research Is Organized
Research at Sidra Medicine is organized in departments and clinical and research resource services. The departments are the Translational Medicine department and the Biomedical Informatics department.
Clinical and research resource services include the following:
- Core Facility Units: Applied Genomics, Proteomics and Metabolomics, Flow Cytometry and Microscopy, Stem Cells Biology, and Model Systems.
- Clinical Research Units: Bio-repository, Clinical Research Coordination, Experimental Therapeutics, Clinical Trials, and Scientific Resources.