Date: November 16, 2023 - November 18, 2023
The Pediatric Neuroscience Conference will bring together regional and international neuroscience experts to share insights and best practice methodologies related to the epidemiology and mechanisms of neurological diseases and neurometabolic disorders.
The conference is a joint event between Sidra Medicine and Maarefah, and will focus on early diagnosis and novel therapies.
The program includes a variety of sessions that will cover recent advances in diagnostic and therapeutic interventions that have helped improve the health outcomes of children living with chronic neurological, neurometabolic and neurosurgical diseases including:
- Neuromuscular disorders including updates on gene therapy
- Neurodevelopmental Co-Morbidities in Children with Epilepsy
- Infantile and Childhood Epilepsy Syndromes
- Neuroimaging in Pediatric Epilepsy
- Epilepsy Management: Genetic, Dietary, Medication
- Epilepsy Surgery
- EEG Workshop
- Review the systemic complications of neuromuscular disorders.
- Review updates in the treatment of neuromuscular disorders.
- Review the clinical presentation of seizures in children, including recognition of seizure mimickers.
- Discuss updates in the classification of childhood epilepsy syndromes.
- Describe recent advances in the medical, dietary, surgical and neuromodulatory management of pediatric epilepsy.
- Review non-invasive and invasive electroencephalographic (EEG) findings in children of all ages
- Paediatric Neurologists
- Genetic & Metabolic Consultants
- Neuropsychologists and Neuropsychiatrists
- Neurodisability Specialists
- Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Speech and Languages Pathologists
- Allied healthcare professionals
Reward Credits CPD
- Dr. Husam Kayyali, Pediatric Neurologist and Epileptologist, Division Chief, Pediatric Neurology, Sidra Medicine, Qatar
- Dr. Ruba Benini, Pediatric Neurologist and Epileptologist, Medical Director of the Neurodiagnostic Lab, Sidra Medicine, Qatar
- Dr. Ian Pople, Division Chief, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Sidra Medicine, Qatar