Date: November 03, 2021 - November 04, 2021
This intensive two-day workshop will introduce the basic principles of evidenced-based practice. Delivered through presentations and exercises, this activity will enable participants to find, appraise and apply evidence that is required for a critical approach to clinical practice. Participants will be able to understand key areas such as randomized controlled trials, systematic reviews, meta-analysis and critical appraisal of these study designs.
PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES: To enable participants to find, appraise and apply evidence that is required for a critical approach to clinical practice.
All healthcare practitioners in primary, secondary, and tertiary care settings including doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and other allied health practitioners.
Brief points about some Topics
- Produce focused and answerable questions related to clinical practice
- Choose appropriate research designs to answer questions
- Construct and perform basic search strategies that allow efficient retrieval of relevant evidence
- Understand the basic principles and critical appraisal of randomized controlled trials including the interpretation of results
- Understand the basic principles and critical appraisal of systematic reviews & meta-analysis including the interpretation of results
- Apply evidence to inform decision making
Brief/names about of Speakers
- Prof. Anthony Akobeng
- Dr. Abdul Kareem Pullattayil Sulaiman
- Dr. Amel Hassan
- Dr. Colin Powell
- Dr. Ibtihal Abdelgadir
- Dr. Mamoun Elawad
- Other speakers: TBC