Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
The REI Fellowship Program in the Division of Reproductive Medicine at the Women’s Services is a structured three-year fellowship training program designed to capitalize on the particular strengths and resources of Sidra Medicine.
The program integrates the following ACGME Competencies into the curriculum: Professionalism, Patient Care and Procedural Skills, Medical Knowledge, Practice-based Learning and Improvement, Interpersonal and Communication Skills, and Systems-based Practice.
Goals and Objectives
The mission of the Division of Reproductive Medicine at Sidra Medicine is to enhance the quality of care for infertile couples in Qatar and the region. To do so, it aims to provide REI fellows with a rich learning experience in the clinical and surgical management of fertility and endocrine disorders, nurturing the sense of advocacy and leadership. The program also aims at promoting basic and clinical research in reproductive medicine with the aim of advancing science and maintaining high academic standards.
Clinical Training and Key Rotations
The three-year program is structured to ensure the educational program includes:
- 12 months of clinical reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
- 6 months of reproductive surgery, adult & pediatric endocrinology, genetics, male infertility, andrology & Embryology, Adolescent medicine.
- 18 months of protected time for research.
|Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility|
|Assisted Reproductive Technologies|
|Reproductive Surgery – Minimally Invasive Surgery|
|Adult Medical Endocrinology|
|Pediatric Medical Endocrinology|
|Clinical & Basic Research|
- Completion of an ACGME-I accredited or equivalent residency training program in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Board certification in core specialty (Obstetrics & Gynecology).
- Hold a valid Medical License or be eligible for licensure in Qatar (click here for more details).