Nelli El-Ghazal NCSP,PhDChild and Adolescent Psychologist Years Of Experience: 11
About the Physician
Dr. Nelli El-Ghazal obtained her Ph.D. in School Psychology from the Pennsylvania State University. She is a Child and Adolescent Psychologist in the Department of Psychiatry and an Instructor in the Department of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College. Prior to joining Sidra, she worked in the school system and was part of a private practice in the United States.
Since joining Sidra in 2017, a significant part of her clinical work has been focused on school-related emotional and behavioral difficulties, as well as assessment and programing for a variety of learning and psychological needs. Dr. El-Ghazal has partnered with numerous schools in the community to provide mental health support programs. She is frequently invited by schools and universities to provide training to parents, students, and faculty and has been a guest lecturer at HMC and the Doha Institute of Graduate Studies. She also serves on an international journal of school psychology as an associate editor.
Years Of Experience11 Education
- School Psychology, Ph.D.
- The Pennsylvania State University, 2012
- Child and Adolescent Psychologist, Sidra Medicine, Qatar
- Instructor, Department of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College, Qatar
- Member, National Association of School Psychologists, United States of America
Areas of Interest
- Assessment, school related emotional and behavioral difficulties, anxiety, learning difficulties