Mutasim Abu-Hasan MBBSSenior Attending Physician
Dr Mutasim Abu-Hasan is a Senior Attending Physician in Pediatric Pulmonology and the Fellowship Director of Pediatric Pulmonary Fellowship Program at Sidra Medicine. He received his medical degree from University of Jordan Faculty of Medicine and has completed his General Pediatric Residency at University of Florida and Pediatric Pulmonary Fellowship Program in Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston Texas.
Before joining Sidra Medicine in 2019, Dr Mutasim Abu-Hasan was the Division Chief in Pediatric Pulmonary and Allergy and the Program Director of Pediatric Pulmonary at University of Florida Health, Shands Childrens’ Hospital, at Gainesville, Florida.
Dr Mutasim Abu-Hasan has been active in practice for more than 20 years focusing on asthma, exercise medicine and intervention bronchoscopy.
University of Jordan Medical School
Areas of Interest
- Exercise Medicine
- Intervention Bronchoscopy
Medical Publications (Only 5 publications max from past 5 years)
- Pleuropulmonary Blastoma (PPB) in Child with DICER1 Mutation: The First Case Report in the State of Qatar. Case Rep Pulmonol. 2021 Oct 29; 2021:1983864. doi: 10.1155/2021/1983864. eCollection 2021
- Can Pharmacokinetic Studies Assess the Pulmonary Fate of Dry Powder Inhaler Formulations of Fluticasone Propionate? AAPS J. 2021 Nov 22;24(1):1. doi: 10.1208/s12248-021-00655-0
- Using Mobile Health to Improve Asthma Self-Management in Early Adolescence: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial. J Adolesc Health. Jul 2021;doi:10.1016/j.jadohealth.2021.06.011
- The association of nocturnal hypoxia and an echocardiographic measure of pulmonary hypertension in children with sickle cell disease. Pediatr Res. 03 2019;85(4):506-510. doi:10.1038/s41390-018-0125-6
- Exercise-Induced Dyspnea in Children and Adolescents: Differential Diagnosis. Pediatr Ann. 2019 Mar 1;48(3): e121-e127. doi: 10.3928