Muhammad Dilawar ABP,DCH,MBBSSenior Attending Physician-Sidra Medicine Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Weill Cornell Medicine- Years Of Experience: 34
About the Physician
I joined Department of Pediatric Cardiology/Sidra Heart Center in Nov. 2017 as a Senior Attending Pediatric Cardiologist and Assistant Professor of Pediatrics here at Sidra Medicine.
My clinical responsibilities include outpatient clinical service, inpatient service i.e, covering cardiology floor, Neonatal Intensive Care, Pediatric Intensive Care and Cardiac Intensive Care Units and Emergency Department coverage. I also read ECG’s and transthoracic, trans esophageal and epi cardial echocardiograms.
In addition, I take active part in our bi-weekly pediatric and adult congenital cardiac MDT cases and actively involved in medical students, Pediatric residents and pediatric cardiology fellows teaching and training.
Along with clinical work, I am also responsible for Administrative OPC work at Heart center as well as I am associate director of Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship here at Sidra Medicine.
English, Punjabi, Urdu
Years Of Experience34 Education
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery)
- Quaid-I Azam Medical College/Islamia University, Bahawalpur Pakistan, 1987.
- DCH (Diploma in Child Health), Bahawal Victora Hospital/Islamia University, Bahawalpur, Pakistan, 1990.
- After that I did USMLE & FCPS-I and got enrolled as Pediatric resident at Agha Khan University hospital Karachi, Pakistan and later moved to New York and did Pediatric Residency from 1995-1998 and got board certified in 1998.
- I pursued my career in the field of Pediatric Cardiology and did fellowship from 1998-2001 at Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), SC and from 2001-2002 interventional Pediatric Cardiology fellowship at MUSC and got pediatric cardiology board certification in 2002 and maintenance of certification in 2021
- Sidra Medicine, HMC
Areas of Interest
- Clinical Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology
- Teaching and training of Pediatric residents/fellows and Pediatric Cardiology Fellows
- Main area of interest in publications had been in interventional cardiology