Katrin Kalache Doctor of medicine 'Dr.med'Attending Physician Years Of Experience: 22
About the Physician
Dr. Katrin Kalache has been in Qatar for over 7 years working at Sidra as well as in cooperation with Hamad Women’s Hospital.
She has been working at Sidra ever since opening and is providing outpatient clinic for antenatal care as well as running a clinic for fetal medicine once a week. In addition, she covers the inpatient service conducting deliveries and providing the full range of obstetric care. She is the physician lead for the postpartum unit
After the completion of her formal training in Germany, Dr. Katrin continued with focused work in a tertiary care Labor and Delivery unit at Charité hospital in Berlin. Her academic and clinic duties included administration of the high-risk antenatal clinic. Her clinical research and clinical focus is preeclampsia. In addition to her work at Charité hospital she provided additional sonographic consultation to local colleagues with complicated IVF and antenatal malformation. She continued with subspecialty training in Perinatal Medicine for an additional year before coming to Qatar.
English, German, Spanish22
- Humboldt University of Berlin
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Charite University Hospital in Berlin/ Germany
- Additional clinical training at Princess Anne Hospital in Southampton/UK
- Charité hospital, Berlin
- Hamad Women’s Hospital, Qatar
- Fetal medicine, high risk pregnancies, preeclampsia
- Assistant Professor for Weill-Cornell medical college Qatar
- co-author of Qatar national guideline for antenatal care in low risk pregnancies