Goran Petrovski MD,MSc,PhDSenior Attending Physician Years Of Experience: 23
About the Physician
Goran Petrovski, Endocrinologist and Professor coming from University Clinic of Endocrinology/Medical Faculty in Skopje, Macedonia, joined Sidra Medicine in Doha in 2017.
Goran Petrovski with diabetes team at Sidra has developed a 10 Day Initiation Protocol for closed loop systems in people with type 1 diabetes previously treated with multiple daily injections. This protocol is simple and unique, and presents smooth transition for use of diabetes technologies to improve glycemic control and quality of life. Several diabetes centers from Midde East, Asia and Europe have adopted the protocol.
His current research area is simplifying the use of automated insulin delivery systems with meal announcement (no carb counting) in specific population where the advanced education cannot be delivered.
English, German, Macedonian
Years Of Experience23 Education
- University Clinic of Endocrinology/Medical Faculty in Skopje, Macedonia
- International Diabetes Center in Minneapolis and Mayo Clinic in Rochester, USA
Areas of Interest
- type 1 diabetes, closed loop systems, automated insulin delivery systems, continuous glucose monitoring
- Diabetes technology
- Simple initiation of insulin pump
- Microbiome and Type 1 Diabetes
Medical Publications (selected publications for last 5 years)
- Petrovski G, Al Khalaf F, Campbell J, Day E, Almajaly D, Hussain K, Pasha M, Umer F, Hamdan M, Khalifa A. Successful transitioning children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes from multiple daily injections to advanced hybrid closed-loop system in 10 days: a prospective intervention study on MiniMed 780G system. Acta Diabetol. 2022 Jan 24. doi: 10.1007/s00592-022-01851-w. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35072781.
- Petrovski G, Al Khalaf F, Campbell J, Umer F, Almajaly D, Hamdan M, Hussain K. One-year experience of hybrid closed-loop system in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes previously treated with multiple daily injections: drivers to successful outcomes. Acta Diabetol. 2021 Feb;58(2):207-213. doi: 10.1007/s00592-020-01607-4. Epub 2020 Oct 12. PMID: 33044604; PMCID: PMC7548407.
- Petrovski G, Zivkovic M. Are We Ready to Treat Our Diabetes Patients Using Social Media? Yes, We Are. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2019 Mar;13(2):171-175. doi: 10.1177/1932296818795441. Epub 2018 Aug 22. PMID: 30132685; PMCID: PMC6399795.
- Vlahou CH, Petrovski G, Korayem M, Al Khalaf F, El Awwa A, Mahmood OM, Azeem MW. Outpatient clinic-wide psychological screening for children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes in Qatar: An initiative for integrative healthcare in the Gulf region. Pediatr Diabetes. 2021 Jun;22(4):667-674. doi: 10.1111/pedi.13200. Epub 2021 Mar 23. PMID: 33715298.
- Terranegra A, Petrovski G, Verduci E. Editorial: The Triple Interaction: Diet, Microbiota and Epigenetics in the Onset and Management of Type 1 Diabetes. Front Nutr. 2021 Sep 17;8:705770. doi: 10.3389/fnut.2021.705770. PMID: 34604275; PMCID: PMC8485977.