Fadi B. Choucair ESHRE Certified,PhDLead Clinical Embryologist-Scientific Manager, Division of Reproductive Medicine Years Of Experience: 11
About Fadi C.
Dr. Fadi Choucair holds a Ph.D. in Reproductive Sciences from the University of Côte d'Azur, France. He received his senior clinical embryologist's certification from the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).
Before joining Sidra Medicine, Dr. Choucair was the lead embryologist at the American University of Beirut Medical Center. He is also Chair of the Middle East Fertility Society Embryology Specialty Interest Group and editor of the embryology newsletter.
Dr. Choucair is a lecturer at the Lebanese University teaching male infertility, embryo cell signaling, and epigenetics and provides lectures for medical residents at the American University of Beirut (core curriculum lectures, grand rounds). Dr. Choucair has been an external scientific reviewer for the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF) research project grants. He is truly passionate about the future growth and development of the clinical embryology profession.
English, Arabic, French
Years Of Experience11 Education
- Ph.D. in Reproductive Sciences, Côte d'Azur University, France
- Master of Science in Biology of Reproduction and Medically Assisted Procreation, Lebanese University, Lebanon
- Master of Science in Structural Interactions of Macromolecules
- Functional Genomics, Saint Joseph University, Lebanon
- Chair of the Embryology Specialty Interest Group, Middle East Fertility Society
- Lecturer in Master of Biology, Lebanese University, Lebanon
- Member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)
Areas of Interest
- In Vitro Maturation
- Embryo selection
- Oxidative Stress
- Curriculum design
- Innovative Methods of Teaching
Medical Publications (selected publications for last 5 years)
- Choucair, F., Younis, N., & Hourani, A. (2021). The value of the modern embryologist to a successful IVF system: revisiting an age-old question. Middle East Fertility Society Journal, 26(1), 1-6.
- Choucair, F., Farra, C., & Awwad, J. (2020). Use of Time-Lapse Embryo Imaging in Assisted Reproductive Technology Practice. Controversies in Assisted Reproduction, 33-39.
- Choucair, F., Younis, N., & Hourani, A. (2020). IVF laboratory COVID-19 pandemic response plan: a roadmap. Middle East Fertility Society Journal, 25(1), 1-7.
- Farra, C., Choucair, F., & Awwad, J. (2018). Non-invasive pre-implantation genetic testing of human embryos: an emerging concept. Human Reproduction, 33(12), 2162-2167.
- Choucair, F., Saliba, E., Abou Jaoude, I., & Hazzouri, M. (2018). Antioxidants modulation of sperm genome and epigenome damage: Fact or fad? Converging evidence from animal and human studies. Middle East Fertility Society Journal, 23(2), 85-90.