Dr Medhat Alberry CCT,GMC,MBBCH,MRCOG,MSc,PhD,QCHP,RCOGSenior Attending Physician In MFM and Obstetrics Years Of Experience: 22
- Consultant and Subspecialist in Fetal and Maternal Medicine | Consultant in Obstetrics | Maternal and Fetal Medicine | Women's Services
About the Physician
Dr. Medhat AlBerry is an Attending Physician at Sidra Medicine. He has over 22 years of experience as a Consultant in fetal and maternal medicine and obstetrics.
He joined Sidra Medicine in November 2017 and has vast experience in managing low and high-risk pregnancies. His areas of expertise in Fetal Medicine include fetal growth restriction, multiple pregnancies, fetal congenital abnormalities, non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT), and invasive procedures such as amniocentesis and chorionic villous sampling (CVS) and 3D/4D ultrasound.
Prior to joining Sidra Medicine, Dr. Alberry practiced in the UK for 12 years in a number of major maternal fetal medicine/Obstetrics units such as Cambridge University Hospital, Birmingham Heartland’s Hospital and others.
- MBBCh: Ain Shams University.
- MSc: Ain Shams University.
- MRCOG: the Membership of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, UK.
- PhD: The University of Bristol, UK.
- Assistant Professor in OBGYN at Weill Cornell Medical School, Doha, Qatar.
- Honorary Lecturer at the University of Birmingham, UK.
- Fetal Growth restriction
- Multiple pregnancies
- 3D/4D ultrasound
- Complex congenital abnormalities
- Non Invasive Prenatal testing (NIPT)
- Invasive testing; Amniocentesis, Chorionic villous sampling (CVS)
- High risk pregnancies
I am involved in the teaching of Medical students and postgraduates to help them be ready for their future as efficient Doctors.
- Merriel A, Alberry M, Abdel-Fattah S. Implications of non-invasive prenatal testing for identifying and managing high-risk pregnancies. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2021 Jan;256:32-39. doi: 10.1016/j.ejogrb.2020.10.042. Epub 2020 Oct 22
- Alberry MS, Aziz E, Ahmed SR, Abdel-Fattah S. Non invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) for common aneuploidies and beyond. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2021 Mar;258:424-429. doi: 10.1016/j.ejogrb.2021.01.008. Epub 2021 Jan 19.
- Abigail R. Aiken, Catherine E. Aiken, Medhat S. Alberry, Jeremy C. Brockelsby, and James G. Scott. Management of Fetal Malposition in the Second Stage of Labor: A Propensity Score Analysis. Accepted AJOG October 2014.
- Alberry M, Hassan W, Goodburn S, Brockelsby J, Wladimiroff J , Nash R, Lees C. The impact of national guidance for anomaly screening and invasive testing: unintended consequences, Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2013 Jul 19.
- Medhat Alberry, Victoria Bills and Peter Soothill. Update on Pre-eclampsia Prediction Research. The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist 2011; 13:79–85.