Dr. Amrita Sarpal FRCPC,MDYears Of Experience: 17
- Pediatric Critical Care
About the Physician
Dr. Sarpal joined Sidra Medicine in February 2019 as a senior pediatric critical care attending with dual training in pediatric critical care medicine and pediatric palliative care medicine. She came from the University of Western Ontario where she had been a practicing pediatric intensivist for approximately six years.
She is the subspecialty fellowship program director for Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. Her clinical and academic interests include improving patient care through improved written and verbal communication, as well as through enhancements to the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
Combining her passion for critical care, medical education along with her skills as an executive coach, her research focus includes postgraduate medical education, communication, health care provider distress and building resilience.
- Bachelors of General Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada, 1997-2001
- Undergraduate Medical Education, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada, 2001-2004
- General Pediatric Residency, Alberta Children’s Hospital/University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada, 2004-2008
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine Fellowship, BC Children’s Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 2009-2010
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine Fellowship, Mater Children’s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia, Feb-Aug 2011
- Pediatric Palliative Care Medicine Fellowship, Royal Children’s Hospital Brisbane, Brisbane, Australia, Aug 2011-Feb 2012
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Calgary, Canada
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Canada
End of life care, communication
Postgraduate medical education, personal/professional growth and development
Multiple abstracts, posters, and several co-authored peer-reviewed publications