Bassel Georges Bachir MDYears Of Experience: 11
About the Physician
Dr. Bassel Bachir joined Sidra Medicine as an Attending Physician in Adult Urology and Male Reproductive Medicine in June 2022. He obtained his Medical Doctor degree from the American University of Beirut in 2005, followed by Residency Training at the Department of Surgery/Division of Urology at the American University of Beirut-Medical Center (AUBMC), graduating as Specialist in Urology in 2011. He then joined McGill University Health Center, affiliated with McGill University, Montreal, Canada, where he completed a 2-year Research Fellowship studying the Biology and Therapy of Urothelial Carcinoma. After that, he completed an extensive 2-year Clinical Fellowship in Male Reproductive Medicine at the Mount Sinai Hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto, Canada. He returned back to AUBMC, Lebanon as an Assistant Professor of Urology in 2016, greatly enhancing the Male Infertility service and introducing a number of techniques not previously performed at AUBMC, particularly in the field of microsurgery.
- MD: American University of Beirut, 2001-2005
- Urology Residency: American University of Beirut Medical Center, 2005 – 2011
- Research Fellowship: Biology and Therapy of Urothelial Carcinoma, McGill University Health Center, 2011 – 2013
- Clinical Fellowship: Male Reproductive Medicine, University of Toronto, Mount Sinai Hospital, 2013 - 2015
- Assistant Professor of Urology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, 2016 - 2022
- Male infertility
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Low Libido
- Men’s Health
- Adult Urology
- Male Infertility and sexual dysfunction
- Microsurgical training
- Resident teaching
- Phase I Clinical Trial of Everolimus Combined with Trimodality Therapy in Patients with Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer. Bachir BG, Souhami L, Mansure JJ, Cury F, Vanhuyse M, Brimo F, Aprikian AG, Tanguay S, Sturgeon J, Kassouf W. Bladder Cancer. 2017 Apr 27;3(2):105-112
- The Impact of ABO Blood Group on Biochemical Recurrence after Radical Prostatectomy. Shahait M, Fares S, Mukherji D, Hout M, Bachir BG, et al. (2018) Int Arch Urol Complic 4:040. doi.org/10.23937/2469- 5742/1510040
- Management Of Patients With High-Risk And Advanced Prostate Cancer In The Middle East: Resource-Stratified Consensus Recommendations. Mukherji D, Youssef B, Dagher C, El-Hajj A, Nasr R, Geara F, Rabah D, Al Dousari S, Said R, Ashou R, Wazzan W, Jabbour M, Farha G, Al Hamdani N, Al Hallaq Y, Ghazal H, Dbouk H, Bachir B, El Khoury C, Sakr G, Hussain HK, Sayyid K, Ibrahim K, Haidar M, Zouain N, Bitar N, Alameh W, Abbas F, Faddoul S, Nemer E, Assaf G, Farhat F, Bulbul M, Temraz S, Shamseddine A, Gillessen S, Omlin A, Khauli R World Journal Of Urology 2020, vol.38, no.3, pp-681-693
- Outcomes of active surveillance for clinically localized prostate cancer in a middle eastern tertiary care center. Hout M, Merhe A, Heidar NA, El-Asmar JM, Wazzan W, Bachir B, Jaafar R, El-Hajj A, Bulbul M. Arch Ital Urol Androl. 2021 Dec 20;93(4):385-388. doi: 10.4081/aiua.2021.4.385.
- Prevalence of Y-chromosomal microdeletions and karyotype abnormalities in a cohort of Lebanese infertile men. Degheili JA, Yacoubian AA, Abu Dargham RH, Bachir BG. Urol Ann. 2022 Jan-Mar;14(1):48-52. doi: 10.4103/ua.ua_41_21. Epub 2021 Oct 26.