Ayman Saleh FAAP,MD,MPHDivision Chief, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology & BMT / Chair, Institutional Review Board (IRB) Years Of Experience: 33
About the Physician
Dr. Ayman Saleh joined Sidra Medicine in 2017, as Deputy Division Chief in the Division pf Pediatric Hematology-Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant. He was appointed Chief of the Division in March 2020. He currently serves as the Chairman of the IRB and multiple other committees at Sidra Medicine.
During his career, he has held multiple leadership positions including Division Chief of Pediatric Hematology Oncology (1998-2011) and Medical Director and Chairman of the Department of pediatrics (2005-2007). He also chaired committees like cancer care committee, institutional review board (IRB), credentialing committee, pediatric academic review committee, pediatric executive committee, standing committee of the board, and professional affairs committee. He was elected as a president of the medical staff and medical executive committee (2003-207).
He conducted research projects and served as a principal investigator and a full member of the international Children’s Oncology Group (COG) since its inception in 2000. He also conducted clinical trials and received multiple grants in childhood cancer, hemophilia, hemoglobinopathies and supportive care.
Years Of Experience33 Education
- Master in Public Health (MPH)
Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)-USA
(08/2013 – 08/2015)
- University of Florida- Department of Pediatrics- Hematology Oncology and stem cell transplant in Gainesville, Florida USA
- (WOCAMP)- Children’s Hospital of Michigan in Detroit, Michigan USA
Pediatric Internship and Residency
(07/1989 – 06/1992)
- Doctorate in Medical Science
Medical Doctor (MD)
University of Aleppo-College of Medicine-Syria
(09/1980 – 02/1987
- Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar.
- Qatar University-college of Medicine.
- Case Western Reserve University, Ohio-USA.
- Northeast Ohio Medical University, Ohio-USA.
Areas of Interest
- Childhood Cancer
- Hemostasis; Bleeding and Thrombosis
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Genetics in Cancer
- Precision Medicine, Targeted Therapy
- Medical Students Teaching and Mentoring
- Resident and Fellows Training
Medical Publications (selected publications for last 5 years)
- Hepatic sinusoidal obstruction syndrome post-chemotherapy in pediatric and adolescent age: case series of six patients in Qatar. AlSaad, T., Yousif, T., Saleh, A., Ahmed, H., Cole, C., & Cugno, C. (2022). Hepatic sinusoidal obstruction syndrome post-chemotherapy in pediatric and adolescent age: case series of six patients in Qatar. Annals of Hematology, 101(3), 693–695. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00277-021-04526-8
- Presenting symptoms and time to diagnosis for Pediatric Central Nervous System Tumors in Qatar: a report from Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Service in Qatar. Maaz, A.U.R., Yousif, T., Saleh, A. et al. Childs Nerv Syst 37, 465–474 (2021). doi.org/10.1007/s00381-020-04815-z
- Flow-Cytometry Evaluation of Cellular Surface FVIII in Blood Cells and Its Correlation with FVIII Activity and Coagulation. Al-Mohannadi, A., Elnaggar, M., Bibawi, H., Lachica, C.-A., Pavlovski, I., Gentilcore, G., Kizhakayil, D., Saleh, A., Elgaali, E. E., Elanbari, M., Cugno, C., & Deola, S. (2021). Blood, 138, 4236. doi.org/10.1182/blood-2021-151629
- Novel Target Genes and Epigenetic Pathways Involved in High Risk Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Deola, S., Kizhakayil, D., Herrera, S. M., Elnaggar, M., Lachica, C.-A., Gentilcore, G., Saleh, A., Ejaz, A., Fadoo, Z., Ghias, K., Pusceddu, I., Cavattoni, I. M., Temanni, R., Syed, N. A., Vempalli, F. R., Comoli, P., Mina, T., & Cugno, C. (2020). Blood, 136(Supplement 1). doi.org/10.1182/blood-2020-141227
- Large-Scale Proteomic Analysis of Soluble Compartment in Pediatric Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Giusy Gentilcore, Sara Deola, Sheanna M Herrera, Che-Ann Lachica, Tayseer Abbas Yousif, Areeg Ahmed, Naima Al Mulla, Ayman Saleh, Tommaso Mina, Patrizia Comoli, Jean-Charles Grivel, Chiara Cugno; Blood 2020; 136 (Supplement 1): 6–7. doi.org/10.1182/blood-2020-143097
- The immune landscape of pediatric tumors. Sherif, S., Roelands, J., Mifsud, W., Dason, B., Rinchai, D., Charles, A., Saleh, A., Cugno, C., Fakhro, K., Mifsud, B., Bedognetti, D., & Hendrickx, W. (2020). 520 Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer, 8(Suppl 3), A318 LP-A319. doi.org/10.1136/jitc-2020-SITC2020.0520
- Master in Public Health (MPH)