Amira Mustafa FAAP,MDSenior Attending Physician Years Of Experience: 30
About the Physician
Dr. Amira Mustafa has joined Sidra medicine as Senior General Pediatrics consultant in 2017. She has brought her vast experience in general pediatrics to provide exceptional care of children at Sidra. Dr Mustafa is specialized in taking care of acute general pediatric problems as well chronic and complex conditions both at the inpatient and outpatient setting.
Years Of Experience30 Education
- University of Khartoum, Sudan
- Addenbrooke’s hospital, Cambridge
- King Fahad Medical City Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Hamad Medical Corporation, Qatar
- Weill Cornell Medical University
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Areas of Interest
- Neurodevelopmental Growth and nutrition
- Quality improvement in health care
- Healthcare quality improvement
Medical Publications (selected publications for last 5 years)
- Bacullis cerus tibial osteomyelitis in previously healthy adolescent what a rare diagnosis.
- Improving patient physician encounters in the pediatric outpatient department.
- Current Practice of Verbal handover using Sbar modality among pediatric residents in ACGME program – Qatar , how we can communicate better.
- Understanding and overcoming barriers to timely discharge from the pediatric units
- A Quality improvement project to reduce the rate of No Show in a Paediatric neurology clinic
- MR angiography in the evaluation of a renovascular cause of neonatal hypertension.