Ahmed Abushahin CABP,MBBS,MDSenior Attending Physician
Dr. Ahmed Abushahin was Arab Board certified in pediatrics in 2004; then, he completed his fellowship in pediatric pulmonology at Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) in 2007.
Dr. Abushahin is a senior attending pediatric pulmonology at Sidra Medicine and an assistant professor in clinical pediatrics at Weill-Cornell Medical College in Qatar (WCMC-Q).
Dr. Abushahin has been privileged to teach, train, and mentor medical students, pediatric residents, and pediatric pulmonology fellows.
Dr. Abushahin has a particular interest in the area of Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD), Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), Severe asthma and Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test in children (CPET).
Dr. Abushahin has led and participated in numerous research projects and published many peer-reviewed articles in pediatric pulmonology medicine. His current research focuses on chronic lung disease of prematurity and cardio-pulmonary exercise test.
Besides his clinical and academic commitments, Dr. Abushahin holds several key positions in Sidra Medicine. He is the medical director of the pulmonary function laboratory, the leader of the flexible bronchoscopy service, the director of the Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia respiratory care program, and the director of the Palivizumab passive immunization program.
School of Medicine University of Aleppo Syria
01 Jan 1998
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
- Weill Cornell Medical College, Qatar
Areas of Interest
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD)
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- Severe asthma and Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test in children (CPET)
Medical Publications (selected publications for last 5 years)
- Tracheal Bronchus and Associated Anomaly Prevalence Among Children; PMID: 34178512
- Vallecular Cyst: Reminder of a Rare Cause of Stridor and Failure to Thrive in Infants; PMID: 34934567
- Bronchogenic Cyst as an Unusual Cause of a Persistent Cough and Wheeze in Children: A Case Report and Literature Review; PMID: 29527382